Creating the perfect home requires a lot of time and energy. There are so many things you need to take into account, especially if you are new at it. There are some very basic things to get you started.
1) The first thing to look at is the personalities that are in the house. If you are single then you only need to look at your own personality. For couples, the personalities are very often opposites. One may be outgoing and the other conservative. Be prepared to compromise when making decisions on design and color.
2) Browse through magazines and design books to get an idea of what you really like and what makes you comfortable. This really gives you the visual you need to think with when it will come to designing your own rooms. If you’ve never designed a room before, it can be intimidating staring at those blank white walls trying to figure out what you are going to do in there. Magazines can really help a great deal there by helping you choose an inspiration room as a guide.
3) The color of the walls will set the tone for the room so really take your time on that one. First start with the colors you like. If you already have furniture or have some in mind, look carefully at the colors in them. You can draw upon some of the colors in fabrics you will use in the room. If you are having trouble deciding, then go back to the magazines or books and see how the walls are painted and look for the color accents in the furniture and how they all relate. If you are using a picture of a room as your inspiration then it can be a lot easier to get the color right.
4) When you put your furniture pieces in the room, keep in mind the flow of the space you are in. You don’t want to make a room too small or choppy looking. Usually you know if it is not quite right. Rearrange until it is right.
5) Accent pieces go a long way in finishing up the look of a room. Plants and fresh cut flowers are great to put into any room. They have life in them that gives a comfortable feeling to any space. A crystal vase or candles can also soften a room. Framed posters or print and paintings on the walls are an age old custom of design. It is a staple that will never go out of style.
Design doesn’t have to be hard. You just have to find out what your style is and what makes you want to be there and then have fun putting it all together.
Thank you for taking the time with me to learn more about what Mr. Done Right, the handyman / contractor does for you.
(AKA) Mr. Done Right
For more information on handyman or contractor work in the greater Austin area (or beyond), please contact your premiere handyman, Don Fenton, AKA Mr. Done Right Handyman Contractor of Austin, because Mr. Done Right ensures any repairs and/or remodels get Done Right the first time! Call us now for a free estimate! 512-659-8931